Make an Interlibrary Loan Request
If an item you are seeking is not available at any library in the Metro Network (Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha or Marion), we can often get it from another library through Interlibrary Loan. View our complete Interlibrary Loan Policy here.
The Marion Public Library charges $3.00 for each interlibrary loan received from another Iowa library and $5.00 for requests from an out-of-state library. The same fees apply per reel for microfilm and per article for journal photocopies. The lending library may charge an additional $20.00 - $25.00 dollars. Please state the maximum you are willing to pay in the form below.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loan
- You must have a valid Metro Library Network card to request interlibrary loans.
- Please check the library catalog to be sure that the material is not owned by any Metro Library Network library.
- We will process up to seven requests per patron at one time. This includes requests that have already been submitted, but are not yet completed.
- Fill out a separate form for each item.
- Please fill out all required fields, indicated by *. The more information you provide, the better our chances of finding your item.
- Due dates for interlibrary loan materials are set by the lending library. Interlibrary loan materials are borrowed from other libraries. Please return them on time! There is a $1.00/day overdue fine for late items.
- We do not borrow media (music CDs, movies, etc.).
- We cannot request books with a copyright within the past one year.