As a part of the Friends organization, the Marion Public Library Foundation was established to provide long-term financial support to enhance the services and collections of the library. Gifts to the Foundation’s permanent endowment increase the amount of income available for future library projects.
The Friends of the Marion Public Library Foundation has been organized to raise money for the library to:
- perpetuate excellence in library service
- allow for increased levels of financial support for materials and programs
- protect the library and its programs and services from the uncertainties of public funding
Proceeds from the endowment interest income are used to provide:
- additional library materials
- upgrades in technology resources
- sponsorship of special lectures and programs
- staff development and training opportunities
- special collections enhancements, and
- other special projects and needs identified by the library board of trustees
Foundation Board Members
Mark Ahlers, President
Chris Lindell, Treasurer
For more information about the Foundation, call the library at 377-3412. All contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent of the law under 501(C)(3) status.