It's easy to get a library card!
- Apply using our online form and get a temporary library card number; you must come into the library to get your permanent card within 30 days. You are not able to access our online and downloadable services with a temporary card number.
- Bring an I.D. with your current name and address and complete an application form (you can download a form here to complete and bring in).
Who can get a card?
- Anyone from Marion, Cedar Rapids, or Hiawatha
- Other Linn County communities with public libraries
- Other Iowa communities with public libraries that participate in Open Access
Library card applications for children from birth through age 13 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Both child and guardian must be present. You'll get your card right away and can start taking advantage of all the services we offer. If you don't have current I.D., you can get a temporary card that will limit you to checking out no more than six items; this card expires in 30 days, after which you must show proper I.D. in order to check out additional materials.